It’s time to marry the love of your life in the company of your friends and family members. You know that you want the whole experience: the beautiful clothes, the amazing cake, and the stunning venue for the happiest day of your life. But where?
Destination Wedding vs Traditional Wedding - Which one is right for you?
Many couples are torn between a destination wedding and a traditional wedding. There are lots of factors to consider: cost, the guest list, weather, travel, and if it is worth it. When choosing between a destination wedding or a traditional wedding, there is no right or wrong answer, it’s just a matter of choosing which one suits your needs and wants the most.
What Are the Pros and Cons of a Destination Wedding?
Of course, there is no right or wrong way to plan a wedding - despite what your mother-in-law might think. All that matters is that you and your fiance are happy. Any wedding is a big undertaking and you make trade offs no matter what you decide. If you are considering a destination wedding, here are some pros and cons to consider:
Benefits of a Destination Wedding
● The Experience - Your wedding day will be special no matter what, but a destination wedding in a beautiful location will make it all that more special. You would be giving yourself and your guests a mini vacation and an opportunity to explore the sights in Italy.
● Keeping It Small - If you and your fiance want to have a small, intimate wedding with your closest friends and family, why not make it a destination wedding? Additionally, if you are worried about who to invite and about cutting down the guest list, then a non-local wedding will prevent uninvited attendees from showing up.
● Explore the World - Have you always wanted to see Rome - The Eternal City - or the Amalfi Coast, which is one of the most desirable wedding locations in the world? Why not say “I do” in a place you have always wanted to visit. Destination weddings also give you the opportunity to combine the wedding itself with the honeymoon. Not only does this save you money on travel expenses, it also gives you more time to experience the food, culture, and art of Italy.
● The Venue Will Speak For Itself - Most traditional weddings involve decorating and spicing up the venue to make it match your theme. These decorations can cost thousands of dollars and take time to make and put up. When you have a destination wedding, there is no need for all the extra decor because the beaches, countrysides, and upscale resorts will speak for themselves as the stunning backdrop to your dream wedding.
● It’s Unforgettable - Everyone wants to feel like a prince or princess on their wedding day. What better place to make your dreams come true than in Tuscany, where the capital is home to world-famous Renaissance art and sculptures. Having a destination wedding will make the experience extra special and unforgettable. If you get to be a princess for a day, why not feel like a princess in Italy?
Drawbacks of a Destination Wedding
● It’s Not For Everyone - When some of us say that we want a small, simple wedding, we mean it. Destination weddings are not for everyone, especially if you are committed to keeping the ceremony as affordable and frills-free as possible.
● Smaller Guest List - If you want a big wedding, then a destination wedding might not be for you. When guests have to pay their own way, then fewer people are likely to come, especially those who don’t have extra money lying around for travel. This can be a pro or a con. If you want to keep your wedding small, then a destination wedding is the way to do it. However, if you come from a big family and have a large circle of friends, you might want to do a traditional wedding instead to include everyone.
● The Cost - A destination wedding does not inherently mean that it will be more expensive than a traditional wedding. It is possible to have a large, expensive traditional wedding or to have a small, cost-effective destination wedding. When it comes to cost for a destination wedding vs traditional wedding, the key difference is that your money goes to different places. If you plan a wedding in Italy, you will need to spend more money on travel, but you can also save money with a smaller guest list and by getting all-inclusive packages.
How To Make Planning a Destination Wedding in Italy Easy
It’s true that planning a wedding is hard. Planning a destination wedding sounds even harder. But it doesn’t have to be! This is where VB Events comes in. We are experts at planning luxury destination weddings. When you book us to plan your one-of-a-kind wedding, we will take care o everything!
If you are unsure about your venue or your theme, our team will handle all the location scouting, design, and lighting. We also work with world-renowned chefs, bakers, and florists to provide you with the perfect flowers and cake to complement your love story.
Band, photographer, hair, and makeup? You don’t need to worry about it. VB Events works with a team of talented hairstylists, makeup artists, and photographers to make you look your best and capture every moment. Our band, The Emotional Band, is known for performing in elite clubs because they can play songs in almost any language.
The biggest benefit of working with VB Events is that we speak the local languages and have connections all over Italy. The hardest part for most couples who are planning a destination wedding is that there is usually a language barrier that can get in the way of planning. The team at VB Events has worked with couples from all over the world, including Russia, America, India, and Iran. No matter your vision for your wedding or your religion, we can make your dreams come true.
What Is a Good Location For a Destination Wedding?
Italy is full of beautiful views, history, art, and rich culture. If you are looking for a once-in-a-lifetime location for your destination wedding, look no further than Italy’s most glamorous wedding locations.
Como Lake in the Lombardy region is an upscale resort that is known for its luxury and natural beauty. Its magnificent view of the alps makes it an ideal wedding destination. If you want to explore Italy during your honeymoon, Milan is only a short train ride away. If you and your partner need a little time to unwind, Como Lake offers everything from swimming to windsurfing.
The Amalfi Coast is located in Southern Italy between the Gulf of Naples and the Gulf of Salerno. As one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites, it is a very popular wedding location, especially for couples who have an appreciation for architecture and history.
Tuscany, located in central Italy, is the home to a host of renaissance art. Because Tuscany is centrally located, it is an ideal spot for a destination wedding. Many couples have their wedding in Tuscany then spend the duration of their honeymoon exploring the rest of Italy. Any art lover will have the time of their life seeing world famous art pieces with their beloved.
Rome is known as The Eternal City because of its long history and historic ruins. If you have seen Roman Holiday or La Dolce Vita, you know that Rome is one of the most romantic cities in the world. With VB Events, you can channel your inner Audrey Hepburn while we take care of the rest.
Puglia is known as “Florence of the South” for its baroque architecture and whitewashed hill towns. The southern region is home to ample Mediterranean coastline, making it perfect for the beach wedding of your dreams.
Sicily is a can’t-miss island that is home to some of the best food in the world. For couples who are deciding between a destination wedding vs traditional wedding, imagine exploring Sicily and
learning all about the culture while you’re saying “I do.”
Destination Wedding vs Traditional Wedding: Which One Is Right For Us?
A destination wedding isn’t right for every couple. If you are leaning towards a traditional wedding, here are some pros and cons to consider:
Benefits of a Traditional Wedding
● Better for couples who enjoy tradition or like staying close to home.
● Traditional weddings can be more affordable than destination weddings, depending on the size and theme.
● You can have a bigger guest list and your attendees will have an easier time coming if they don’t have to pay for international travel.
● Traditional weddings allow you to pick an emotionally significant venue, such as the family home or the church you grew up attending.
● You will probably get more gifts if you plan a traditional wedding because attendees won’t already be paying for airfare.
Drawbacks of a Traditional Wedding
● Traditional weddings can be a lot more work for you than destination weddings. When you book with VB Events, our team will handle everything from arranging the venue to booking the photographer. Whereas, if you plan a traditional wedding, you will probably have to do all the hiring, planning, visiting, testing, and booking yourself.
● A local wedding won’t be an adventurous experience, so you may decide to pay more for a honeymoon afterwards. On the flipside, a destination wedding can be more affordable overall since you get a wedding and a honeymoon trip all in one.
● It can be harder to keep weddings small and to narrow down the guest list if you are staying local. You also might get uninvited family members crashing the wedding or people bringing unplanned plus ones, which you will have to pay to feed.
● Traditional weddings are generally more stressful for you because you may feel obliged to run around greeting everyone and making sure every detail is perfect. On the other hand, when you have a destination wedding, the distance allows you to relax and take the time to enjoy yourself. VB Events handles all the details, so you and your fiance get to relax on your special day.
Are You Ready To Start Wedding Planning?
Destination wedding vs traditional wedding? If you already know that you and your fiance want to say “I do” in Italy, surrounded by the beautiful views, contact VB Events today! It’s your special day, so you deserve to feel like royalty while our team handles the details.